Friday, May 22, 2009

Another sighting from me

Congratulations to me, a few minutes ago, I had just come home from a night out, was sitting down on my couch to look at some stuff online, and I hear a weird sound. Wasn't sure what it was, but now I think it was a roach falling from some space in the utility closet to the floor. A couple minutes later, I see this big roach peeking out from under the utility closet door. It jets across the doorway, I jump up and grab a shoe (and yes, I have a special "roach-killing shoe" out and ready for just such an occasion). It runs back into the utility closet. I stand their waiting. It rushes out again, I slam the shoe down, but just miss it. It hides under a piece of furniture. I wait. It rushes across the closet doors, but I can't get it in time. I stand there watching and waiting and freaking out a bit. Somehow, it's somewhere I didn't expect it, and I slam the shoe on it so hard it and my shoe bounce.

I'm glad I didn't go to bed early because this bug was very much alive and was eager to run all around my apartment. I probably would have woken up with him in my bed or on me.

Below is a picture of his partially smashed body. In case you don't understand why I'm doing this, I feel that it is important to document each time I see something, and this gives me a good outlet for doing that. I will call Krenger tomorrow and ask them to look again in the utility closet for any gaps where this thing came in.


No comments:

Post a Comment