Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Visit with James from Smithereen

Today was the monthly scheduled treatment from Smithereen, which Krenger pays to visit once a month and the other times they've come out especially. James came here last month, and I was here when he visited as well. At that time, he used a spray, which someone else from Smithereen had used to treat my apartment two weeks before. I also explained to him in detail the problems that I've had over the past few years. He told me I needed to pour a cup of bleach down each of the drains once a week. I told him that the kitchen sink had a drain on it that was too small to let in bugs that big and that I keep the tub plugged. He pointed out that the bathtub is designed in such a way, that a bug could get in through the spout. I told him I'd do it but that wouldn't stop the bugs from coming in through the utility closet--which I've witnessed.

Today, James told me that this account (the building) has been transferred over to him, and that I should give him a month or so to let him "do [his] magic," and I wouldn't be seeing these bugs anymore. He said this after I asked what treatment he was doing today (gel treatments) and questioned whether it would work if there was spray down (that Smithereen has done and Krenger's maintainence has done).

No comments:

Post a Comment